PowerBox 4180 with Hypex DLCP digital signal processor (DLCP)
- PowerBox = Preamp & ADC & DSP & 6 DACs & 4 Hypex UcD180 power amplifiers
- all amplifiers 2Ohms capable!
- Slim & light & quiet, fan-less design. Massive 3mm full aluminum case with stainless steel front plate.
- Professional high current SpeakON output: SpeakONs replace “banana” plugs
- High End Hypex DSP with carefully designed clock-, DAC- and analogue output stages.
- Balanced signal from input to output, remote volume control.
- LXspeaker owners get preloaded filter sets (LXmini®, LXsirius, LXmini®+2, LXsirius+2, LXstudio). LX521®.4 needs two of these PowerBoxes, a MASTER and a FOLLOWER unit.
- IN: analog balanced XLR, digital RCA, optical, AES XLR & RJ45, USB for individual filter, gain, delay and inv. programming!
The DLCP has two (stereo) analogue balanced audio inputs. The analogue input signal is buffered and amplified by a single-stage, fully differential programmable gain amplifier and then converted to digital by the ADC. The ADC is always directly clocked by the on-board oscillator, a low noise Colpitts oscillator with a locally regulated supply, causing less jitter. After the analogue to digital conversion the signal is processed by the DSP.
The DLCP contains four separate digital inputs, permitting the use of different interconnection standards (AES/EBU and S/PDIF). Optimal clock quality is insured by routing the clock through separate IC’s from the data signals, and by local regulation of all supplies on the AES input circuit.
Incoming AES / S/PDIF is send to the DSP through an asynchronous sample rate converter (ASRC) to reduce jitter.
When the input is set to “Auto detect”, the ASRC chip scans its inputs for whichever digital signal is present. The input source is automatically switched to digital when present, using the priority described below. If the digital audio source is removed, the input will be automatically switched back the last chosen analogue input.
The DLCP contains two separate digital outputs, AES/EBU and S/PDIF. The selected digital input is directly send to both digital outputs. (Without filtering)
The DSP filtering can be changed by Hypex Filter Design (HFD) software. The digital outputs from the DSP are fed to the DACs. The DAC chip receives data from the DSP and clock either from the crystal oscillator or from the digital input section. The digital signal is then converted to analogue by the DAC. The post filter is executed twice, providing a balanced load to the DAC and delivering a high output level to the power amplifier.
1) What ist the maximum CAT 6 cable length between Master and Follower ?
Master and Follower (last follower in achain of followers) must have max 10m cable inbetween.
2) Autodetect does not react on switching digital sources on/off. Why?
Probably, more than one active digital source is connected. Be aware, that even digital sources in “standby” may send an erroneous “zero” signal with no music content. Switch off and/or unplug all unused digital sources. Additionally: recycling from/to “autotetect” may re-establish source selection according hierarchy (see DLCP manual).
3) After several hours of playing , PowerBox does not react on volume commands. Despite changing front panel volume indication.
Recycle PowerBox Master und Followers main switch (30 sec between on and off)). This restores normal operation. HYPEX is checking this behaviour and possible countermeasures.